Saturday, August 05, 2006

unChristian Hate Speech

It always amazed me that after the Shepard and Byrd hate murders a lot of the advocates against hate crimes legislation were the same "Christians" so eager to pass a prayer protection Act, or whatever biblical nonsense legislation they could dream of to make America a "Christian" nation. Why would our God reward such backwards hateful advocacy?

How Tragic. How Un-Christian.

FROM A SCHOOL BOARD MEETING IN MASS.

A homemaker active in her children’s schools, Mrs. Dobrich said she had asked the board to develop policies that would leave no one feeling excluded because of faith. People booed and rattled signs that read “Jesus Saves,” she recalled. Her son had written a short statement, but he felt so intimidated that his sister read it for him. In his statement, Alex, who was 11 then, said: “I feel bad when kids in my class call me ‘Jew boy.Â’ I do not want to move away from the house I have lived in forever


Later, another speaker turned to Mrs. Dobrich and said, according to several witnesses, “If you want people to stop calling him Jew boy, you tell him to give his heart to Jesus.

...that's about when I proably would have hurled something heavy at the asshole who made this statement.

No comments: